Industrial Refrigeration Compressors
The Best Compressors for Industrial Refrigeration Applications
High quality compressors are a necessary part of any industrial refrigeration unit, and the experts at Discovery Designs Refrigeration use only the best compressors from leading manufacturers of industrial refrigeration parts. The companies we use always build their industrial compressors with the highest energy-efficiency and reliability, ensuring they are well-suited for all industrial refrigeration applications.
The types of compressors used for industrial refrigeration units include:
- Screw compressors – this type of compressor uses a rotary-type mechanism to compress large volumes of refrigerant while reducing overall energy output. This compression process creates a high temperature, high pressure gas which is essential in the industrial refrigeration cycle.
- Scroll compressors – this type uses spiral disks nested together to compress the refrigerant within the mechanism. This method of compression is highly reliable and can help conserve energy in the refrigeration process.
- Reciprocating compressors – this compressor uses high-powered pistons to pull and compress the refrigerant into a cylinder. This is one of the most common types of compressors used in refrigeration units, both commercial and industrial.
- Dual screw compressors – these compressors, unlike reciprocating compressors, use leakage flows to power the compressing mechanism. Dual screw compressors are often used in refrigeration applications, and have good control, reliability and a long life duration.
- Ammonia compressors – for industrial ammonia refrigeration applications, ammonia compressors are useful in converting ammonia refrigerant into Freon. Ammonia compressors can be either reciprocating, screw or scroll type.
- CO2 compressors – these compressors use a pressurized mechanism to convert CO2 refrigerant into Freon. CO2 compressors are designed to resist high working pressure and improve efficiency.
The Most Trusted Names in Refrigeration Compressor Manufacturers
The experts at Discovery Designs Refrigeration use parts from leading manufacturers in the industrial refrigeration industry. We custom design and construct all our cold storage warehouses with the most high quality compressors for the largest refrigeration applications. Whether you need an ammonia or CO2 refrigeration system, our trusted manufacturers provide only the best parts to help your system last for years to come.
Discovery Designs Refrigeration trusts these leading manufacturers in refrigeration compressors:
Contact our industrial cold storage building company to get a quote on your business’s next industrial refrigeration design.